Jenni can help you tell your story
With 22 years in the communications business, Jenni Prokopy knows how to translate even the most complex issues into written pieces guaranteed to inform and resonate with your audience. Her work with major corporations, non-profit organizations, associations and small businesses gives her the experience and confidence to partner with you…and make sure your story gets told.
For more than 10 years, Orange Grove Media, LLC—Jenni’s award-winning independent writing and editing firm—has served dozens of clients. As a member (and past president) of the Construction Writers Association, she has helped shape the future of a growing writers’ organization (and learned a lot about leadership and teamwork in the process). She continues to partner today with other independent creatives (like photographers, web developers and graphic designers) to ensure each of her clients gets a complete package, no matter their unique needs.
Would you like her résumé? Of course you would.
Websites, newsletters (online and print), magazine feature articles, book and magazine editing, advertorial and other magazine supplements, editorial consulting, social media…Jenni has the tools to tackle a wide variety of projects. If you can imagine it, she can make it happen.
- Fabulous event space Greenhouse Loft in Chicago recently got an overhaul on their website, and the results are quirky and fun.
- When Attorney Mike Higgins needed a suite of materials for his fast-and-furious start-up, Jenni jumped at the challenge. For The Higgins Law Firm, LLC, she helped Mike create a website, blog, brochure, business cards, and a social media presence on Facebook and Twitter in just a couple weeks. Whew!
- Email marketing really shines for clients like Cashmere & Wit, a Chicago-based personal styling business. Snappy copy is key to enticing new clients.
- For Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Jenni has revamped more than 80 web pages in the Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute website. She also writes surgeon profiles and other marketing pieces for the hospital.
- Tom Hammerman offers specialized therapy services in Evanston, IL, and needed a small but powerful website. It was a joy to help him create something that attracts a wide variety of clients to his boutique practice.
- In a series of six articles, Jenni worked with Swedish Covenant Hospital to examine their approach to treating chronic pain conditions that predominantly impact women—50 million, in fact. Chronic fatigue syndrome, endometriosis, fibromyalgia, vulvodynia, TMJ dysfunction and interstitial cystitis are examined.
- When BigFilebox approached CoSupport about creating a new user guide for their customers, Jenni jumped on the opportunity. The result: A gorgeous new user guide for customers and prospects that makes the product easy to use head-to-toe.
- Surefire Protection, Inc., a Chicago-based fire safety services firm, needed a new website—so Jenni wrote one for owner Jeff Sher, who launched it in late April 2011. Our pal Megan Coleman did the simple and lovely web design.
- The New Mexico Health Information Collaborative's new statewide health information exchange (HIE) is a ground-breaking program connecting patients and health care providers. Jenni worked with IBM Initiate to create a case study that teaches other organizations about potential applications of their health technology.
- Eating right isn't just about your body...it's also about your brain. Jenni wrote this piece about eating right for brain health for Chicago's Swedish Covenant Hospital.
- Jenni helped The Gateway for Cancer Research by writing and reconceptualizing their entire website, now called Demand Cures Today, which launched in December 2010.Did you know you can still find great seasonal produce even in the depths of winter?
- This piece about Immunity-Boosting Foods for Winter for Well Magazine, the online community of Chicago's Swedish Covenant Hospital, has some tips almost anyone can use.
- Learn more about hypnotherapy as a treatment for urge incontinence in Well Magazine, the online community of Chicago's Swedish Covenant Hospital.
- Jenni wrote and starred in five educational videos on living with chronic pain/fibromyalgia for HealthyWomen.org (4 Tips for Healthy Living, 5 Tips for Traveling Like a Pro, 3 Strategies for Workplace Success, 4 Ways to Support a Loved One, and 5 Questions to Ask Your Health Care Provider Before a Diagnosis)
- These three tip-sheets are helpful tools for women living with fibromyalgia or other chronic pain conditions: Practical Tips for Living Well with Fibromyalgia; 10 Tips for Communicating Well with Your Health Care Provider About Fibromyalgia; and Check-Up Checklist: 10 Tips for Explaining Your Fibromyalgia Pain to Health Care Providers
- Check out a piece in the Chicago Tribune about health issues in the transgender community in Chicago.
- Learn more about Fibromyalgia & Intimacy, a Q&A for HealthyWomen.org
- Get the scoop on Dining Out with Celiac Disease and Food Allergies, a feature article for Gapers Block
- Learn all about Energy and Environment: Concrete at its Core, an advertorial supplement for Environmental Design+Construction
- Jenni wrote a variety of articles on home inspection, including two special series for the ASHI Reporter
- Get the latest assessment of Concrete and Life Cycle Assessment of Buildings, an educational web feature for the Portland Cement Association
- It's not your average Snow White, a feature article for Roads & Bridges